Registration Steps for Returning Referees
As a reminder to returning referees; Texas Association of Sports Officials (TASO) is the certifying organization for referees that are members of HSSOA. Individuals wanting to officiate high school soccer through HSSOA assignors must register and certify through TASO every year.
- Renew your TASO registration. You must go to the TASO website and click the Registration Renewal link
on the home page. There is a registration fee to renew your TASO membership. This fee includes insurance, background check,
rules book and badge. Remember, TASO increases the renewal fee for late registrations. Check their website for the important cutoff dates for the current year.
Go to TASO.ORG
- Watch the Rules Video. From your TASO member portal, watch the Rules Video in its entirety. In your TASO member portal, you will see the rules video in your list of requirements needed to complete the certification process.
- Complete the Rules Test. After you view the entire online rules presentation video, click the test link in your member
portal to take the online test. You may retake the test multiple times until you receive an acceptable score.
Note: You may want to have a copy of the current year Rules Book that will assist you in scoring well on the online exam. Contact the HSSOA Registrar for a copy of the book at email@example.com. Books and replacement badges will be available at all HSSOA chapter meetings.
- Fund your HSSOA Assigning Fee Account. Log in to your HSSOA account and fund your account to offset assigning fees. If you have forgotten your login credentials, go to the login screen on the HSSOA website and click the "Forgot Password" link. A password reset email will be sent to you.
- Update your Game Officials Assigning Availability. Be sure to set your availability for the current year on Game Officials. Assignors will look at your availability and location preferences before assigning games to you.